Congratulations on your engagement!
How much fun is it to say "this is my fiancé..." to someone for the first time? I remember the first time I said it myself and felt butterflies going wild in my stomach. If you think that feels exciting... just wait until you start saying "this is my husband/wife!"
engagement session galleries
Click on an image to view a portfolio of each complete collection
my approach to Engagement photos
Engagement photography sessions are a great way for us to get to know each other before the big day! They can take place anywhere: at your favorite park, on a hike, on a beach, at your special proposal spot, or even cozily at your home. These shoots are a lot of fun and help to take the stress out of your big day since you'll already feel comfortable with me and in front of my camera.
Engagement photography Packages
My wedding services (of 6 hours or more) come with a complimentary engagement session. I also offer a stand-alone engagement photography package for $450 +tax, which includes the following:
- A consultation before the session
- A one-hour photography session on location
- High-resolution digital images (typically 50-100)
- Basic editing of all images
- An online gallery to share with friends and family
- The option of adding a variety of printed products including albums and wall art (contact me for details and pricing).
When should you do engagement photos?
"She is so flexible and easy to work with; she even came out to take our photos in the woods and was happy to trek through the snow." -Ann H.
You can have engagement photos taken at any time before your wedding. Some couples like to use the photos for their wedding websites or save the date announcements. Other just want the photos for personal use or to hang in their homes. The timing and location are completely up to you, so here are some helpful engagement photo tips I like to offer to couples to consider:
- What weather scene do you want as a backdrop? Are you a snow bird or a sunny beach lover? Are you a true Pacific Northwesterner who loves the rain?
- How do you plan to use the photos? Do you need them back and printed by a certain deadline before the wedding date?
- Are there specific colors you want to incorporate that correspond with a certain season? White snow, yellow/orange/red fall leaves, bright green summer grass and pops of colorful wildflowers, pastel spring blossoms?
- What clothing do you want to wear? If you feel most comfortable and beautiful in a flowy summer dress or shorts, you might consider sticking to a warmer month. If you're all about colorful scarves and knit hats, then a colder season may suit you perfectly.
If you're pressed for time and can't have the session in your ideal season, don't worry! I've photographed couples in all sorts of locations and weather - in the park, in the snowy woods, in down pouring rain - and no matter what the climate or weather conditions are, we always have a great time and the couple has fun in any environment.